*See disclaimer at bottom of page

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day vs. Night

I feel like there has been more animosity between day shift and night shift lately in our ER.

From the night shift perspective, it seems like we have really been taking over some shit sandwiches.  My last few shifts, I have walked into codes, intubations, conscious sedations, strokes, and STEMIs.  What happens when I, as a night shift person, walk into one of these?

Well, the day shift people walk off because they are done for the day and leave us swimming in a sea of turds.  I feel like we, as the night shift, often stay late in order to make sure that everything difficult will be taken care of before the day walkers have to fully take over.  Maybe it's just me, though.  Maybe the day walkers feel the same way about us?

No comments:

Post a Comment